Where it all began
Born and raised on the beautiful island of Anguilla, Omari Banks found his musical calling at a young age when he first took the stage in Milan, Italy to sing alongside his father Bankie Banx. Founding his inspiration through an eclectic genre of music, Omari perfected his craft by writing and becoming a proficient guitar player. The budding star went on to win multiple talent shows but as a teenager turned his attention to the sport of Cricket, where he excelled first locally, then regionally and ultimately on the world stage. In 2003, Omari Banks became the first Anguillan to play test cricket for the West Indies. He went to travel the world for twelve years as a professional athlete, but despite his success in sports, Omari never lost his passion for music. In 2010, Omari made the decision to move on and pursue his passion for music. With a lifetime of experiences and life lessons, he immersed himself in songwriting and perfecting his musicianship. He dedicated himself to his music and created his debut album, “Move On” recorded in Kingston, Jamaica and Houston, Texas.
”I want to take my music to an international market because I have an opinion based on knowledge and information. I want to use the gifts I’ve been blessed with to have a positive influence on people. Being someone who has already traveled the world with sports, I’m able to have a broader perspective than a lot of other people. I can communicate to all levels of thinking from a child to an adult and my music is ageless and really touches lives because the stories are true and talk about what’s really going on.” – Omari Banks
- Former professional cricket player for West Indies
- Son of legendary Bankie Banx
- Omari Banks took center stage in Anguilla at a concert shown to a reach of over 17 millions via Caribvision lifestyle channel which currently airs on Cablevision Systems Corporation, an American cable television company serving areas surrounding New York City and in over 22 Caribbean territories, Quebec and Ontario Canada.
- Omari Banks successful sold out Europe tour alongside Grammy Award winners Morgan Heritage
- Omari visited Canada for Toronto Fashion Week as an Anguilla ambassador
- Released album “Move On” and hit single feat Peetah Morgan charted top 10 worldwide
- “Move On” Album is listed #4 on the Top Ten Reggae Albums of 2015 of the latest issue of popular prestigious German Riddim Magazine
- Lead single “No Point To Prove” video was on rotation on VH1
- Recently released single “Me and You” produced by multi-platinum, multi-Grammy nominee Jason “J Vibes” Farmer
- Performed at SXSW
What others say?
« He sounds like a cross between Bob Marley and Bob Dylan. »
– NY Times 2/4/15
« He’s got a voice as calming as chamomile and charisma that bubbles like a champagne toast. He’s not just a dynamic performer, he writes and composes most of his own songs. Between his music and his magnetic mojo, one of Anguilla’s most beloved talents has the makings of an international superstar. »
– Vibe Magazine
« … Omari Banks. With his dashing good looks, rockstar stage presence and impressive #singer songwriter skills, the younger Banks is well poised to carry on his father’s legacy and take Anguillan reggae international. »